Guidelines For Adding Organizations
- Only Organization Name is required to add the organization.
- Because the organization name may appear in event web calendars you publish using the 25Live Publisher, make sure the name would make sense to the general public and complies with your organization naming conventions.
- You may want to review your Organization Types and Categories master definitions and possibly add new items to them for selection here. Having good types and categories can greatly assist 25Live users in finding organizations in the 25Live Pro Event Form.
- If you’ll be using the Schedule25 Optimizer, you may add up to four partition preference groups for the organization. The Optimizer uses partition preferences to limit its location search to only the specific locations preferred by the organization. If you don’t add partition preference groups, the Schedule25 Optimizer assumes all partitions are equal and will assign locations from any partition available to it.
- When selecting custom attributes of the organization, specify the value for each.
- Associate contacts with the organization as needed.
To Add an Organization
Access the Add Organization Page
- In the 25Live Administration Utility, select the Organizations tab.
- Select the Manage Organizations task tab, then click the ADD icon to go to the Add Organization page.
Note: You must scroll down to see all the organization information you can specify.
Enter/Select Organization Data and Select Associated Contacts
- Enter the organization name (required) and, optionally, the organization’s title.
- If you’re using the Schedule25 Optimizer, enter the organization’s Schedule25 Key. See the Schedule25 Optimizer User Guide available by clicking Help.
- Select the organization’s type, rating, and enter its accounting code as needed.
- Enter administrative and/or billing address and phone information for the organization as needed.
- To associate contacts with the organization, click New Contact, select the contact's role in the organization, find and select the contact, and indicate whether or not this is the primary contact for the organization. Repeat these steps for each additional contact you want to associate with the organization.
- Enter any comments about the organization.
- Check the categories the organization belongs to.
- Check the custom attributes that pertain to the organization and enter or select the appropriate value for each.
Add Partition Preferences
If you’ll be using the Schedule25 Optimizer, add at least one partition preference group for the organization (you can add a maximum of four):
- Click New Preference Group.
- Check the partitions you want to comprise this partition preference group.
- Add additional partition preference groups (four maximum) by repeating steps 1 and 2. You can remove a partition preference group at any time by clicking its Remove icon (red X).
- To change the priority of the partition preferences group, click the up/down arrow icon of each group as needed until you get the priority order you want.
Define Organization Object Security
- Click the Object Security “EDIT” link.
- Change the object access setting for each security group as needed.
For information on 25Live security, see this Security Overview.
Define Organization Notification Policies, If Needed
Click the Notification Policy “EDIT” link.
Choose whether the notification must be approved by at least one of the users associated with the notification or all users associated with the notification.
If you want to set a time limit within which the user(s) associated with the notification must act, check the Approval Required Within box, and set the number of days, hours, and/or minutes after the notification creation date that action must be taken.
Perform a simple full or partial name search for a user you want to associate with the notification policy, then select the user(s) in the search results. (You can also click the Select All arrow to select all returned users.)
If you need to run another search to find other users you want to associate with the notification policy, click the Back arrow and search again.
For each associated user, choose the type of notification they should receive—Approval Required or Notification Only.
Note: If you need to remove one or more users you’ve associated with the notification policy, click the Remove button (red X) of each, or click Remove All to remove all associated users.
Using Notification Policy Templates
You can use the notification policy of an organization as a “template” to define the same notification policy for other organizations.
To do this:
- Find the organization with the notification policy you want to use as a template.
- Select that organization for edit along with the other organizations you want to define a notification policy for.
- Check the Notification Policy box, then choose the organization whose notification policy you wish to use as a template from the Use Template drop-down list.
- Click Save Changes to apply the notification policy “template” you chose to all selected organizations.