- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
How To Access Master Definitions
See Working With Master Definitions for details on general navigation within the Master Definitions section and actions available to all types.
How To Add Custom Attributes
1. Open a Specific Custom Attributes View
Image: The Custom Attributes Master Definitions section is organized in submenus by object type.
The Custom Attributes view within the Master Definitions section has submenus organized by object type, Event, Location, Resource, Organization, and Contact.
2. Select a Type
Image: First use the Type dropdown selection to choose among the many available custom attribute types.
Before using the button to create a new custom attribute, you must select a Type using the dropdown menu.
|Attribute Type||Input Type|
|Contact||A valid 25Live contact name|
|Date Time||Date and time|
|Floating Point||A number which may have a decimal|
|Image||Path name to an image file|
|Integer||A whole number|
|Location||A valid 25Live location name|
|Long Text||Long text or other alphanumeric characters|
|Organization||A valid 25Live organization name|
|Resource||A valid 25Live resource name|
|Text||Text and/or other alphanumeric characters (maximum 80 characters)|
3. Use the Create New Button
Image: After choosing a Type and using the Create New button, the new attribute is listed at the top with a default name.
To add a new custom attribute, use the Create New button to add a new custom attribute. Your new attribute will appear at the top of the list.
4. Rename the New Custom Attribute
The new attribute will appear with a default name that includes its ID number. Use the edit icon () to rename the new custom attribute.
Editing Custom Attributes
Editing Actions for all Attribute Types
Every type of custom attribute allows you to edit the list or item with the following actions:
- Manually reorder items
- Note: If you previously depended on the application to automatically sort required custom attributes to the top of the section, you must now manually set the order.
- The Id number for each item is listed
- Edit the Name of the item
- Check or uncheck the Active status
- The Abridged checkbox controls if the item is only visible on an abridged list for users with limited permissions
- The Type column shows you if the attribute is a string, date, image, file reference, etc.
- View the Usage of the item in events, searches, etc.
- Delete the item (if it is not being used)
- Force Delete the item (even if it's being used) and remove all references (available only to Administrators in the (-1) security group)
Discrete Options for Event Custom Attributes
Text type event custom attributes have a special ability to add Discrete Options.
1. Open the Event Submenu Under Custom Attributes
Go to the Custom Attributes > Event section.
2. Use the Show Button to Reveal Options
Any custom attribute that is of the type to allow discrete options will have a Show button next to it. Use the button to reveal the option actions.
3. Name and Arrange Options
Type a name for each option. Use the Add button again to add more. You can change the order of the options using the Move Up and Move Down buttons.
4. Save Your Changes
Use the Save button to save and return to the Events Custom Attributes list.
In This Topic
|Table of Contents|
- Working With System Settings
- Working With Master Definitions
- Defining Discrete Dropdown Options for Event Custom Attributes
- Adding and Editing Categories
- Adding and Editing Roles
- Adding and Editing Requirements
- Adding and Editing Features
- Adding and Editing Layouts
- Adding and Editing Partitions
- Adding and Editing Org Ratings
- Adding and Editing Org Types
- Adding and Editing Event Types
- Administration Utility Help
- Event Form Rules: Adding Conditional Rules for the 25Live Event Form