Verifying that all relevant sections imported correctly (they exist in 25Live and, if preassigned, have the correct location assignment) is critical to successful scheduling. Always check and correct import error and warning messages immediately after importing sections for the first time in a term and as part of your daily routine throughout the year.
Import Message Levels
Import messages have one of these levels, depending on their severity:
- Errors - Instances where a section failed to import for the reasons given in the message. Errors must be corrected before the section can be successfully imported. See Error Messages below.
- Warnings - Instances where there was a discrepancy between a section’s SIS data and its 25Live data as described in the message. Warnings don’t prevent a section from importing, but they can be related to subsequent errors which do cause an import failure. See Warning Messages below.
- Info - Information about the imported section other than an error or warning that requires no action.
How LYNX Interprets Errors and Warnings
It’s important to understand the difference between errors and warnings as LYNX interprets them. For example, you might consider a case where a section with a preassigned location couldn’t be assigned that location in 25Live on import as an error. LYNX, on the other hand, would give that situation a Warning severity level, because it was able to import the section, even though it was unable to update the assigned location part of the section data.
Fixing Import Problems
Fixing import problems requires correcting 25Live and/or SIS data to eliminate all errors and possibly some warnings and/or modifying LYNX configuration or translation settings as needed.
Prior to making corrections, review the error or warning messages for each section carefully to determine what must be done (see Import and Export Messages in LYNX). This requires a thorough understanding of your 25Live and SIS data. If you need additional assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you're done making corrections, re-import the corrected sections in one of these ways:
- If there are just a few sections requiring re-import, make a null change to the sections in your SIS and allow them to be updated automatically via LYNX.
- If there are many sections requiring re-import, import the entire extract set containing the sections manually (see Reviewing and Importing Extract Sets).
Accessing Import Messages From Within LYNX
Import messages are available for review on the Import/Export Messages page. There are three ways to access this page from within LYNX:
From the Import Details Page After a Manual Import Is Completed
Immediately after you click Import to 25Live, you are taken to the Import Details page where you see the progress of the import. Once the import is complete, you can click View All Messages to go to the Import/Export Messages page where all the messages for that import are listed. For more information, see Reviewing and Importing Extract Sets.
When you follow the View All Details link from the Import Details page, the URL contains the import ID which you can send to Series25 Technical Support if you need their assistance in troubleshooting.
From the 25Live Import Processes Page
- Choose 25Live Import Processes from the Import to 25Live menu.
- Click the Process ID of the import you want to view messages for.
- On the Import Details page, click View All Messages.
From the Utilities Menu
- Choose Import/Export Messages from the Utilities menu.
- Specify message search criteria: Choose Imports to 25Live. Choose whether you want to see just errors, errors and warnings, or errors, warnings, and info. Enter the date/time range (Start Date and Time and End Date and Time) for which you want to see messages (maximum 7 days).
Image: Specify message search criteria on the Import/Export messages page
- If you want to search by section name and/or see or not see excluded sections in the message results, click the Advanced Search link if it’s not already expanded, enter the full or partial section name in the Name Search field, then select whether or not you want sections that have been excluded from the import to be shown in the message results.
- Click Load Messages.
Getting Import Messages Via Automatic Emails
Depending on how your LYNX General Configuration options are set, you may receive emails telling you how many errors, warnings, and/or info messages were found in each "chunk" of imported section data. See LYNX Settings - General.
You can view specific messages by clicking the WebServices link (and authenticating) provided in the email. You can also use the section link that's provided to attempt to re-import all sections in that chunk that contain a warning or error. After correcting the identified problem in the data, click the link to re-import. (Note that this link can only be used once.) Any warnings or errors that are not corrected will be sent to you in another email.
The WebServices message access described above can also be manually manipulated in a browser to show any set of errors, errors and warnings, or the entire import log, based on any date/time range you specify, as described below.
Make sure you have the most recent version of WebServices installed
Find the base URL for your institution's WebServices installation – Typically: https://webservices.collegenet.com/r25ws/wrd/<yourschool>/run/
To retrieve all import Error messages (default) created since 2/13/2020 at 1pm, you'd append the following to your base WebServices URL:
To retrieve all import Warning and Error messages created since 2/13/2020 at 1pm, you'd append the following to your WebServices URL:
To retrieve all import messages regardless of type (the entire import log) created starting 2/13/2020 at 1pm through the next 90 seconds you'd append the following to your WebServices URL:
Ex:?start_dt=2020-02-13T13:00:00 &end _dt=2020-02-15-13:01:30& level=message&otransform=browse.xsl
The scope of the 'level=' argument:
- Not specifying a 'level' argument brings in only Errors
- Specifying a level=warning argument brings in Warnings and Errors
- Specifying level=message argument brings in all messages regardless of type – all lines recorded in the import logging process
Viewing Import Messages Using the 25Live Import Messages - Excel Report
You must have Microsoft Excel or Open Office Calc installed on your local computer to access this report.
- From the 25Live Home page, choose Reports from the More menu.
- Select Event Reports and choose SIS Import Messages - Excel from the dropdown menu.
- Select report parameters based on the date/time range and message types you want to view, then click Run Report.
- Once the import messages are displayed in your local spreadsheet, you can do whatever you like with the data (filter columns, sort, etc.)
- From the 25Live Home page, choose Reports from the More menu.
Common Import Errors and Warnings
|Cannot route event <UID> using (Default rule--primary organization), no unique match||Using the specified primary Organization as a routing condition, the routing algorithm finds more than one matching folder for the section in your 25Live event structure – multiple folders have the same primary Organization.|
|Cannot route event <UID> using (Default rule--non-primary organizations), no unique match||Using all specified Organizations as a routing condition, the routing algorithm finds more than one matching folder for the section in your 25Live event structure – multiple folders have the same non-primary Organization.|
|Cannot route event <UID> using (Default rule), no unique match||Without using Organizations as a routing condition, the routing algorithm finds more than one matching folder for the section in your 25Live event structure.|
|Error saving <UID> to the Series25 database||Database issues have prevented the section from being saved.|
|Event <UID> locked, please try again later||The section is currently locked in 25Live and cannot be imported at this time.|
|Space-bound event <related UID> of event <UID> locked, please try again later||A bound section of the section being imported is currently locked in 25Live, so the section cannot be imported at this time.|
|Event <UID>, which is marked to be cancelled/deleted, does not exist||The imported section marked as cancelled/deleted in your SIS, does not exist in 25Live.|
|Event <UID>, which is marked to be cancelled/deleted, is already cancelled||The imported section marked as cancelled/deleted in your SIS, has already been cancelled in 25Live.|
|Cannot assign location <location name> for any date||The pre-assigned location is not available for any of the section’s occurrences, so has not been assigned in 25Live.|
|Location <location name> available for #/# dates||The pre-assigned location is available for the specified number of total section occurrences; for example, 2/34 tells you that the pre-assigned location is not available for 2 of the section’s 34 occurrences.|
|<location name> removed from academic priority <term code> by <section> (<term code>)||A non-academic event meeting at the same dates/times as the imported section has had its location assignment removed and re-assigned to the imported section. For this to occur, the Academic Priority configuration setting must be set to “Yes.”|
|Ignored unknown contact with <email address>||The section instructor email cannot be matched in25Live, so the instructor has been ignored on import.|
|Ignored unknown event contact role <role>||One of the section’s event contact roles is not a 25Live event contact role, so has been ignored on import.|
|Ignored unknown location preference <preference name>||The section’s location preference is not a 25live location, so has been ignored on import.|
|Ignored unknown location name <location>||The section’s pre-assigned location is not a 25Live location so has been ignored on import.|
|Ignored unknown location feature <feature name>||The section’s requested room feature is not a 25Live location feature, so has been ignored on import.|
|Event is related to another event that has not imported yet.||The section is related to another section that has not yet been imported.|
|Not all binding events can be edited, location information cannot be changed||Sections that are bound to the imported section have been cancelled or denied, so the location of the imported section cannot be changed.|
|Cannot change event type from <current event type> to <new event type> due to event type incompatibility with the event's parent folder||The new event type assigned to the section in the SIS is incompatible with the event types allowed in the section’s parent folder in your 25Live event structure, so cannot be changed.|
Copyright © 2022 CollegeNET, Inc. Note: This information is for CollegeNET Series25 customer use only.